Vicente Valle Tejada
Vicente has the responsibility of running the business and provide the utmost service to the clients.
He read Law and Economics at University of Deusto (Bilbao) and obtained a Piano Degree at Conservatoire of Music of Bilbao. He also obtained a Master in Corporate Law (Master en Asesoría Jurídica de Empresas) at IE Business School (Madrid) and a LL.M. (Master of Laws) in Maritime Law at University of Southampton (United Kingdom). He is a registered European Lawyer with Bar of Madrid – Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe.
He started his legal career as company lawyer in Madrid where remained for more than a lustrum before moving to Holman, Fenwick & Willan Law firm in London. Later he lived in The Netherlands for seven years acquiring huge experience in maritime, transport and insurance matters initially at RaetsMarine Insurance and thereafter as Maritime Legal Advisor at Glencore, where he also defended the company position before arbitration procedures in London (LMAA and GAFTA).
His maritime adventure took him to join Gard P&I Club in Norway as Senior Lawyer, Defence team, Charterers and Traders.
Vicente has relevant work experience as qualified lawyer in four European countries advising mainly in contracts (Shipping, International Trade Law and Mercantile Law), resolving disputes (arising from charterparties, bills of lading, marine insurance, logistics operations, contracts of sale- commodities) and acting in arbitration procedures in London and litigation in Spain. He has a commercial and pragmatic nature being a problem solving.
Academician of the Royal Academy of the Sea in Spain and President of Escuela de Estudios Notariales Enotariale (www.enotariale.com).
Languages: He speaks Spanish, English, Italian and has knowledge of French and Dutch.
Author of the books:
- “Los contratos para el transporte de mercancías por mar. Aproximación a su regulación en el derecho inglés y español” published in December 2016 by Dykinson ed.
- “Del contrato de seguro marítimo, de las embarcaciones de recreo y los P&I Clubs” (Dykinson, 2019).
- “Manual de Derecho Notarial español” (2018).
He also attended the following courses:
- BMT De Beer Port & Ship Familiarisation Course held on 21-24 April 2009 in Rotterdam: Container terminal operations; container vessel; lay-out and operations; handling/storage of bulk and steel products; explanation reefer containers, including marine nomenclature; containerised/palletised fruit; the operations of a shipyard; marine surveying.
- The Institute of Maritime Law – University of Southampton course: “Charterparties: Law and Practice” held on 30 June & 1 July 2010 at RaetsMarine in Rotterdam.
- The Institute of Maritime Law London CPD Programme (December 2010) at the Chamber of Shipping of London: “Incoterms 2010: Impacts on Shipping Law and Trade Finance”.
- The Institute of Maritime Law – University of Southampton course: “Maritime Conflicts of Law” held on 29 & 30 June 2011 at RaetsMarine in Rotterdam.
- The International Law Seminar 2011 “Settlement of Shipping Claims in Foreign Jurisdictions” held on 27th October 2011 at the Merchant Taylors Hall in London.
- Gafta CPDP “Grade 2: Dealing with and resolving problems” held on 26th -28th November 2012 in Geneva.
- Gafta CPDP “Grade 2: Shipping the goods” held on 3rd-5th June 2013 in Geneva.
- LMAA Seminar “Managing Arbitration Effectively” held on 15th September 2015 in Oslo, Norway.
- GARD Marine Insurance Course held on 12th – 15th October 2015 in Arendal, Norway.
- “IX National Conference on Competition Law: La competencia como motor de competitividad y desarrollo económico”, held on 20th and 21st October 2016 in Bilbao, Spain.
- Conference of The Counsil of the Notariats of the European Union and the European Commision in Brussels on 23 October 2018: The new European Regulations on Matrimonial property regimes and the property consequences of registered partnerships.